Peace, Pies and Pastry

Welcome to my little blog. It's about anything and everything I aspire to become, know or create.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Waiting for that sigh of relief!

Have you ever had one of those days where you want everything to just come together so you can finally exhale?  Well, I'm still waiting for that moment and it's been a couple of weeks!! The family and I are planning a trip abroad and trying to figure out and organize packing for an overseas trip with two little kiddos has been an insane process and it's still not all done! In addition to all this packing and general worrying, I am in my last semester of law school and feel like I am going to literally go INSANE!!

So basically I have 3 full days to read for classes PLUS the assignments I'm going to miss, keep the house in a livable condition, make breakfasts, lunches, dinners, pack for four people for this enormous trip, and think ahead to keep little ones happy and entertained on a 24 hour journey with 18 hours on a plane. I don't know when I'll exhale that sigh of relief when it comes to all of this stuff.

However, when I find myself in overwhelming situations like the one I just described above, I like to take a moment and look at things that make me happy. With that said, I'm not necessarily a sappy person, but I am definitely a person who likes to promote a positive point of view and like to push people to do better, including myself.

So when I found myself subconsciously hyperventilating about this big mess, I thought about the wonderful opportunities in front of me and how lucky I am to be able to be in law school and be so close to graduation and how lucky we are to be able to have an opportunity to travel as extensively as we do.  That doesn't always make me completely relax, but it helps a great deal when I sense I am getting irritable.  I'm sorry if that sounds like a "happy go-lucky" person. But that's just me. I have to work at being sane and that often means taking a step back and being grateful. And, I have to do it quite often due to the schedule that's placed before me.

I also find myself wanting to do more for others when I feel overwhelmed. Why? Because I force myself to remember others when I'm being that self-absorbed.  I feel better about doing things for others and maintains a connection with friends sometimes when we are too busy with our own lives.

Hope all of you have a day/week full of peace and happiness and if there is something holding you back from breathing that sigh of relief, then let one out anyways by remembering the things that make you happy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment